Friday, April 8, 2011

A Special Man He was......

So, I was not planning on this being my first real blog post, but my family lost a great and wonderful man last night.....my grandfather died very unexpectedly from a heart attack. Over the past year, I've really realized that death is something that you are never really prepared for. I've said many times, "this just isn't fair." "I wanted to see him one last time." "Why is God doing this to my family right now?" I've had so many thoughts going through my head, but through all the hurt that I'm feeling,  I've decided to try and smile because he lived instead of shedding tears because he's gone. I am going to cherish his memory and let it live on. I've tried to remember all the wonderful times I had with him throughout my life. I had the privilege of living next door to him for 18 years. I ran back and forth several times a day! I was his only granddaughter and I must say, "I think I always got special treatment!" He lived a wonderful life and I am so thankful that he was my grandaddy! He showed me more love, support, and encouragement than any girl could ever ask for! Not a day went by that I didn't know how much he loved me. I am so thankful that he was my grandaddy!
I read this poem and it made me think of him:
The love we have for Granddad
Will never fade away.
We'll think of him, our special friend
Throughout each passing day.
We'll walk into the room
And see his empty chair;
Although we know he's resting,
We'll feel his presence there.
The memories of his laughter,
His warm and loving smile,
His eyes so full of happiness,
His heart that of a child.
Memories are forever
Be they laughter or of tears,
Memories we will treasure
Through all the forthcoming years
This is the last picture we took together at Christmas.
I love you Grandaddy, and will always love you!

2 comments:

  1. I love you sweetie and this is very well written. I know that you can get thru this, you are so strong and have such a great outlook on the sad things in your life. You are stronger than you will ever believe yourself to be. I love you and I am here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Special memories last forever...what a special tribute to your grandfather!

    ReplyDelete